About Surfrider Foundation Europe:
Surfrider Foundation Europe is a non-profit organization, dedicated to defending, saving, improving and managing in a sustainable manner the oceans, coastlines, waves and the people who enjoy them. Since its creation, efforts have been concentrated on coastal issues, but today our scope of interest and involvement is spreading to related areas of lakes and rivers. Surfrider Foundation Europe is accredited with the EU, the United Nations, a member of Surfrider Foundation International but also the federation ‘France Nature Environment’ and of the European associative platform Seas at risk.
For Ocean Initiative organization, a vast European operation in raising awareness for the environment and mobilizing citizens for voluntary marine litter pickups, Surfrider Foundation Europe is looking for an intern to assist with the Ocean Initiatives organization in Germany.
Under the responsibility of the local office manager and project manager, the intern will have to bring to the mission:
- Citizen mobilization on the territory (telephone follow-ups with past and prospective participants)
- Follow, reminder, logistical support of registered operations
- Organization of educational projects with schools and the general public in the area
- Exploration of new partners and networks (associative, sports, media)
You will also participate in the diverse tasks of the everyday life of the association.
- Marine and coastal environment
- Network of environment, Knowledge and environmental organizations
- Project editing
- Fluent in German & English (French optional)
- Basic computer skills
- Summarization capabilities, versatility and ability to lead several tasks in parallel.
- Project management, power of proposition Communication skills
- Initiative thinker
- Organization and thoroughness is essential Bachelor’s Degree or similar degree level
- A 3 months, full-time compensated internship (approximately 440 euros /month) based in Germany working from home and videoconferencing.
- Period: January until the end of March, 2014
- “With university’s internship agreement”
Email your CV and a covering letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the vacancy reference “Application for Responsible of Germany territory mobilization” in your email.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 15th of December 2013
More information at: